One of the best things about Chengdu as a city is organization and that means super organized, super clean night markets (well, in terms of night market standards). There’s a variety of local foods that you can enjoy while also taking in the traditional Qing architecture of the city.
1. Spicy Beef wrapped in a Leaf I made up that name, but its a kind of street food you can find in Chengdu. Warning: super spicy (as expected of Sichuan food).
2. Long Life Noodles . Its endless and there’s only one noodle in the whole bowl. Its fun to eat but afterwards you’re going to be so full. Hand pulled and you can choose to have it spicy or non spicy.
3. Drinks Asian drinks are everywhere (in Asia) and they’re good for keeping away the heat. You can ask for more ice or less or maybe less sugar to be healthy!
4. Black Jelly I bought this at another food street in Chengdu that had the name Fat and Skinny. Super good, but then it started raining.
If you want more, you can also visit Kuanzhai Xiangzi (Wide and Narrow Alley) which is similar to Jingli and features renovated Ming dynasty architecture albeit.
Location: 锦里 (Jingli) No.231 Wuhouci Street, Wuhou District,Chengdu 610041, China; 宽窄巷子 (Kuanzhai Xiangzi)
How to get there:
- Jingli: Taxi, Metro Line 1: Tianfu Square Station
- Kuanzhai Xiangzi: Metro Line 2: People’s Park Station, Exit D1 Road to get there.